One of them was refused police bail, to face Parramatta Children’s Court on Friday. The other two were granted conditional bail and are due before a children’s court on September 14 and October 22 respectively.
A fourth boy, 17, was charged with breaching bail. He was refused bail and is also listed before Parramatta Children’s Court on Friday.
Superintendent Steve Egginton on Thursday said police believed “probably around 12 people” were involved in the incident and one line of inquiry is whether it was gang-related.
He said it was apparent that edged weapons and knives were used in the offence and a number of these weapons had been located.
“It’s a very sad indictment that we’ve got children of those tender years out there and getting involved in these types of instances,” Superintendent Egginton said.
Anyone with information or who has dashcam or CCTV from the area is urged to come forward.
The Morning Edition newsletter is our guide to the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Sign up here.